Pai Gow Poker Tournaments: What are They and How Can You Win Big?
A relatively new game with very traditional roots, Pai Gow Poker is the new rage in town. With very high odds of winning, Pai Gow tournaments are being played all over the world. Here are some winning strategies that you can use to win some of these tournaments and earn the ultimate trophy.
A variation of the Chinese domino game known as Pai Gow, Pai Gow online double-handed poker game is known all over the world. It is mostly a game of skill and is not very difficult to learn and utilize proper strategies in the game. Each player plays against the same dealer’s hands, which gives everyone an equal chance to win. Hence, Pai Gow poker is the answer to how to win money online.
Today, Pai Gow tournaments have been gaining a lot of popularity for a lot of known reasons. Competing against the top players adds a touch of excitement in the game, especially for players who look forward to winning the tournament rather than the prize money.
What is a Pai Gow Tournament?
Online Pai Gow tournaments are fun and quick ways to achieve a majestic win without having to wager too much amount from your bankroll. You בשמ also find tournaments for a lot of other games like roulette, poker, blackjack, and slot games.
In the most common cases, online tournaments are basically games with players from all around the world pay an entry fee in order to participate. But, in cases of tournaments, the players only have to purchase the buy-in fee, since they will not be required to use their personal bankroll during the tournament.
Once you have paid your fees and filled in other formalities of an online Pai Gow tournament, the online casino will provide you with a set number of credits that can be used throughout the tournament. Each player is given the same number of credits since the entry fee is the only type of payment that is being made by the Pai Gow online poker participant.
The game is over for you once the tournament time is up or you finish up your credits. In the end, your score will be calculated and compared with other players to determine the winner of the entire Pai Gow tournament.
What are the Rules of Tournaments?
Pai Gow poker casino is a combination of poker and domino, while the hand ranking is the same as Texas hold’em. This online game can be played between seven players, with one joker card and 52 other cards. The joker is the wild card and can be used only with a joker to complete a flush, straight flush or straight, or as an ace card.
Each player on the Pai Gow online tournament table is handed seven cards and the ultimate goal of each player is to beat the hand of the dealer. Next, the player has to divide the cards between their two hands, one with the best five cards and the other with the best two cards. These hands must be placed in such a way that the five-card hand is better than the two-card hand.
Next, all the hands in the online game are put on the table face down. Next, the dealer divides his cards just like everyone else. Once this is done, all the cards turn face up automatically for comparison.
Now, there are three outcomes of the online Pai Gow tournament game:
- If both hands of the dealer are beaten, the player wins the wagered amount of money
- If the dealer and the player win with one hand or tied each, it is a ‘push’ situation; in such cases, both parties do not win any money and changes hands
- The player loses the staked amount if the dealer wins both hands; the dealer can also win with one hand or both hands are tied
What Are the Jackpots at Pai Gow Tournaments?
Most online Pai Gow tournaments at online casinos have more than three different progressive jackpots. This means that players from all around the world have a better chance of winning the tournament. Some mega jackpots hit with a seven-card straight flush while another jackpot can be won with five aces. The jackpots of this game depend entirely on which online casino you are playing at.
Below are some simple and general Pai Gow strategies that can help you win a game:
- When you have a flush, straight, or no pair, play the highest card with your high hand (five-card hand) and the second two highest cards in the line on your low hand (two-card hand).
- Spilt two pair where the top pair is aces. Similarly, when the top pair is kings, spilt unless the other pair is deuces and then play the two highest remaining cards on the low hand.
Here Are Some Hand-Specific Strategies:
- Keep the flushes and the straights together unless you also have a three-of-a-kind or two pairs. Then, split them up and shift them to your high hand. Follow the same strategy if you have two pairs.
- If you have a three of a kind, spilt and keep the flush or straight intact, while moving the pair to your low hand.
Pai Gow is a very easy game to learn. All you need to do is follow the rules and strategies above. You can also make your own game strategies to win the Pai Gow tournament. But, it would be wise to first practice on Pai Gow free poker games.