A Beginners Guide to Online Cricket Betting in Australia
If you are new to online cricket betting and want to learn the basics, check out this comprehensive online cricket betting guide that deals with all the information you will need, such as how to bet at online sportsbooks, the types of cricket wagers you can choose and helpful advice for new online cricket bettors.
How to Bet On Cricket at Online Sportsbooks
Online cricket betting is the latest craze among Australian punters. The Australian government has made it more enjoyable and thrilling by making sports betting legal, thus, if you are new to online betting, you need to follow these simple steps in order to get set started in the world of online betting.
- Register on a reputed online cricket betting site.
- Choose cricket from the sports menu and select the tournament or series which you want to bet on.
- Go through the various betting markets and pick the best.
- Place your bet and confirm it.
- Make certain that you secure your bet slip, which is usually located on the right side of the screen.
- Once the match is over, you can withdraw your winning amount (if you have succeeded), or you can use it to place more bets in the future.
Types of Cricket Wagers
There are numerous ways in which you can wager on cricket. Some bets are quite easy to make, such as betting on the team that will win a match or tournament. Other bets are little more complex and need a lot of evaluation and research to start with, but it’s still a good idea to familiarize yourself with some of the popular cricket bets.
- Match Winner: This is the simplest bet in cricket betting, which involves the bettors betting on either of the teams winning, or on the tie.
- Highest Scorer: This requires the punters to predict the highest-scoring batsman in a series or match. You can also place a wager on the highest-scoring batsman in an entire tournament.
- Maximum Wickets: This bet allows you to predict the bowler who will take the highest number of wickets in a match, series or the tournament.
- Series Winner: You need to place a bet on the most likely winner of the entire series or tournament before the commencement of the event.
- Coin Toss: This bet requires punters to bet on the captain of the team that will win the toss before the match begins.
- Live Betting on Cricket: Live betting is indeed thrilling as the punters can place bets while the match is live. Some bookmakers allow you to place a wager on ball by ball, estimating if the upcoming ball will be a wide, boundary, sixes or a wicket.
You can also bet on which batsman will be out or whether the player will score the first 50 or not. The options are endless and you can bet in a variety of ways!
Picking the Right Bookmaker
The popularity of online cricket betting has paved the way for the development of numerous online betting websites, and because of the edge to edge competition among various online cricket betting sites, they often come up with lucrative offers that benefit punters.
Each bookmaker is eager to launch something different and tempting. This includes free bets upon signing up on certain websites or certain price boosts on individual sports. Therefore, if you are planning to try your luck by betting on cricket, we suggest that you check around so that you can find the best bookmaker that will benefit you in the long run.
Always make sure that the online cricket betting site you are using is licensed, safe to use, esteemed and also has a large number of members.
The Best Advice on Cricket Betting
Online cricket betting is a skill that is attained over a period of time. Most qualified cricket bettors have extensive knowledge of the various teams which they are backing.
- Never Miss Even the Smallest Details: There are a lot of things that are included in online cricket betting that most punters are unfamiliar with. Even the tiniest details (form of the pitch, weather conditions, venue of the match) will either benefit or hold back the performance of the team during matches.
- Check Previous Performances of Participating Teams: Always make sure to do your homework properly before you place your first bet. Do thorough research and check the past performances of the teams on which you want to bet.
- Check with Cricket Experts: Other factors, such as injuries and home ground, can play an imperative role in deciding the team that has the advantage for bettors. If you’re unsure, you can consider the advice of cricket experts before placing a bet on any team.
- Start Small: If you have just started betting, start with small and easy bets. Make complete use of the free bets that you receive when signing up in order to cover up for early losses that usually occur for beginners.
Get Ready to Indulge in Unadulterated Fun!
Placing bets on cricket can be overwhelming, especially when you are new to the platforms, so, be patient when starting online betting. Keep in mind that there are no guarantees and no shortcuts and that even the finest and consistent punters are not able to succeed every time.
Start betting today and we’re sure you’ll love the adrenaline rush!