Different Types of Rugby League Bets
Rugby league betting is one of the best types of betting for Australians to indulge in because it is interesting and completely safe.
Placing a bet on rugby league has never been so easy, so start betting today.
Different Types of Rugby League Bets
Rugby league is growing in popularity more rapidly than any other sport in Australia. Australians love watching rugby league matches and placing bets on their favourite teams and players. Let’s learn more about the most common types of rugby league bets.
- Handicap Match Betting: You need to bet on the team that you consider will be the winner of the match after the bookie has designated the handicap values to each team. It is basically a technique used by bookies to level up unequally matched teams by offering handicap odds, which successfully offers the underdogs a head start. The process is advantageous for bookmakers because it helps them generate money and keep bettors interested. Most bookmakers allow players to bet on the first handicap betting in which they apply the handicap values to the half time score.
- Match Betting: This is the simplest type of rugby league bet in which the players place a bet on the result of the match.
- Outright Bets: These bets are placed on the result of the complete league or competition rather than the individual match. The bookie often suggests that the bettors place ante-post bets before the beginning of the event, however, you can also bet on outright markets during the competition. Generally, the outright odds are larger and thus, provide interesting returns.
- 40-minute Result: Bettors place their bets on the results of the team when the match is halfway through.
- Winning Margin: You will be placing a bet by estimating the points by which the winning team will win. The winning margin is calculated from the beginning of the match when both teams have zero points.
- Double Result: This is a type of bet where punters are allowed to place double bets, in which one bet will be on the team that will be winning during half-time and the other on the team that will be the winner of the match.
- Correct Score: As the name suggests, bettors place a bet guessing the correct score of the teams at the end of the match.
- Team Scoring First Wins the Game: This is a bet where punters need to predict whether or not the team who scored the first points will be the winner of the match.
- Team to be Trailing at any Point: This bet allows punters to place a bet on a team that they believe to be trailing at any point during the match. Trailing is a situation in which the chosen team has lesser points than the opposing team.
- Team to Win Both Halves: This is a type of bet where bettors need to bet on the team that they believe might score more points than the opposing team in the first and the second half of the match.
- Anytime Tryscorer: Bettors will place a bet on the player who will attain a score in the match.
- First or Last Tryscorer Betting: You need to place a bet on the player who you think may score the first or last try in the match correspondingly. There are many other similar bets, including last tryscorer, 1st home tryscorer, team to score the last try, and so on.
- Race to 10 Points: This is a bet that requires the punter to place a bet on the team that will be the first to score ten points in the match. The bet is considered void if no team scores ten points.
- Salami: Punters need to bet on the predicted number of points scored across all matches of that day’s play. All matches scheduled for the day’s play should be run through into full completion or the bet amount will be refunded.
- Man of the Match: Punters place a bet on the player they think might win the title of "Man of the Match". However, if no player is selected for this title after the completion of the live TV broadcast, bets are considered invalid.
- Next Permanent Coach: In this bet, you will be betting on the player you think will be the next permanent coach of the club. This bet includes only permanent appointments and not other positions such as caretaker coaches.
- Golden Boot: This is a type of bet in which bettors are required to place bets on the player who they think will kick the maximum points. Two similar bets include predicting the player who will score the maximum points, and if a chosen player will score a hattrick of tries in the match.
- Shirt Numbers: You will be placing a bet on the sum of the shirt numbers of tryscorers in the match. For example, if there are 5 tries in the match and the scorer of these tries was wearing the shirt with the number: 4, 12, 13, 16, and 20, then the total outcome would be the sum of these numbers i.e. 65.
This is a guide to rugby league betting types. If you want to learn more about how to bet on Rugby league games, read more in our how-to guide.
Start Betting on your Favourite Sport!
Do you want to place bets on this interesting sport? Prepare yourself, research and understand how to place a successful bet to increase your bank balance.